Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warm weather and balloon fun!

I've been so thankful for the awesome weather the past couple of days...warmth and sunshine are some of the ultimate mood boosters, in my opinion. Today, however, looks like a perfect day to spend under the covers. Anyway. On the the substance of this post...

Last Friday we hosted potluck at our house. Max thought he'd try and 'help' me get ready.

What a big 'helper!'

Then, on Saturday, since it felt warm outside, I decided to try on Max one of his shirts that I've been eyeing in his closet. It just seemed like the right time of year to bust it out...(I am pretty sure I got it in my stocking Christmas of 2007) :)


As it turned out, it was still cool enough inside the house to warrant long sleeves. He didn't get to wear the shirt more than 15 minutes. Long enough for me to try to get a picture, though!

After Greg got home from work on Saturday, he set about washing the cars. Here was Max's post:

I love how his ears stick out from under the hat. :)


Greg scrubbing the Taurus clean


The truck is so shiny it's almost blinding!


Kia was mournful of the fact that she was the only one who didn't get to help with the car washes. We did let her out later, though, and she got to run around and play with Max a bit. Hopefully that made up for it.

The other fun thing at our house has been a leftover balloon from Mom Beutel's birthday. Max loves to hit it around, chase it, attempt to eat it, etc. And yes, he's had two other balloons pop while he was playing with them. Surprisingly enough, he didn't make a peep! I thought it would scare him, at least. Glad I was wrong.


Max and his blue balloon


Showing it off!

On Sunday, we celebrated the Rassi family January/February birthdays at Dad and Mom Rassi's. Mom had bought some mylar helium balloons for the birthday people and had some extra ones leftover. Max got to bring one home! He likes to bat this one around, too, even though we have to tether it off or anchor it down low to the ground. Anyway, here's Max enjoying his gold star balloon. Maybe I'll have to get another one when this one pops! I'm pretty sure you can get them pretty cheap at Deal's.....


(My favorite part of this video is the close-up at the end!)

Hope you all stayed dry and warm today!

3 comments:

Daveana said...

Mary!

I'm so excited you have a blog. I definitely will have to spend some time catching up on it.

Love, Daveana

Anonymous said...

He is so natural in those videos - almost like he was over at our house!! I love them!
Love Dad

Stephanie R. said...

Maybe someday Elena will be as thrilled to be on video as her cousin Max : ) He is so cute!