Friday, February 13, 2009

Sonogram

I had a sonogram done yesterday to check out Baby #2...I have one of the pictures on the right side of the blog. Anyway, the sonographer said everything looked perfect, but that she disagreed with my due date. She thought that from the measurements, I was about a week further along than I thought. So, she put the due date around August 16th. It will be interesting to see if the dr. or midwife actually changes my due date or not when I go to my next appt. For now, I guess we just know that it's possible the baby could come earlier than we expected! I have heard that the earlier a sonogram is done, the more accurate the baby measurements are for determining due date. So, we'll see. It was funny, though...all of my sonograms with Max were done later in the pregnancy, so he was already a little cramped in his living quarters and not moving around much. This little baby was having a fine time swimming around! We'd be looking at the screen, and all of a sudden an arm would fly up, or a leg, or the whole body would roll over, or the head would turn, etc. It was quite fun to watch. :) We showed Max the pictures of his little sibling, but he was largely unimpressed. Little does he know that about 6 months from now, his world will be turned upside down! Although, maybe that's a good thing...

3 comments:

Plattner Ranch said...

No Fair! I am due the 15th and now I've lost all hope of even coming close to your birth! Perhaps God will perform a miracle!

Jesse was due August 14th and Nathan Wagenbach was due the 24th, they switched dates and Jesse was born the 24th and Nathan on the 14th. I'd be glad if that would happen with us!!! You deliver the 15th and I'll deliver the 16th. That WOULD be a miracle! :)

Stephanie R. said...

Yay for earlier due dates! For now, I think we will be in the States until August 17th... so let's hope that Baby #2 comes early just like Baby #1 did!

Nichole said...

i always loved going to the sonogram/ultrasounds. it is so amazing that we can see the little ones before they are born! Can't remember congratulating you yet - but congratulations! :)