Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy (Snowy) Birthday to Greg!

Well, Greg's birthday isn't even over yet, but it already has been quite unique. We woke up this morning to see this out our window...


I'm not sure he can ever remember having snow like this on his birthday. :) All I can say is, I hope we don't have it around for mine! (It should be gone by Tuesday, right?)

After church, Max 'helped' open the gift he 'gave' to Greg.




It's a collage of pictures of Greg and Max, and says, "I love my Daddy!" at the bottom. I don't know where Greg is going to wear it, but I had fun making it, at least. :)

Last night, we went to the Peoria Symphony Orchestra with Tim, Melissa, Camille, and Holly. It was a great performance! The music was definitely 'Americana' themed, which we enjoyed better than the Russian performance a year ago. (Not that we didn't like that one, but this one was better). Also, for two of the pieces, there was photochoreography with it...some gorgeous pictures of landscapes, some of people (the theme was The American West, so there were some cowboys, etc.), and all timed to the music. Dad and Mom Beutel watched Max during the symphony, and then I got my birthday present early...they kept him overnight! Ahhhh, a whole night of uninterrupted sleep! Sheer bliss! :)

Anyway, this evening we are celebrating birthdays at Dad and Mom Rassi's...I better go get our food ready!

3 comments:

Karen B.. said...

So glad you two could have some premium time together! Love, Mom B.

Anonymous said...

Such nice pictures - and yes, that snow was unique. 32 years ago the night before Mom and I were baptized we had 3 inches of ice - and incredible amount - caused all kinds of havoc with people getting to Tremont - but I have never seen snow like this so late in the year.
love Dad

KT the Brick said...

CuTe PiC oF mAx AnD gReG!!!! i'Ve NeVeR sEeN tHaT sHiRt YeT!