Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just when I thought I didn't have much to post...

This has happened before. I clean off the camera, finally do a new post about a week after my last one, and then Max does something photo- or video-worthy and I end up doing another one.
The back part of our laundry room is rather full of...stuff...at the moment, and I haven't been able to lift the vacuum out from its corner. Greg got it out for me last night, so I started sweeping our rug under the table. Especially where Max sits. Anyway, as usual, Max wanted to be a part of whatever I was doing. He was sitting right next to the sweeper when I turned it on. He jumped, startled, and crawled to a 'safe' place a few feet away...very quickly. As he sat staring at the rumbling vacuum, I thought, "That's it. Now he's scared and is going to scream every time I try to sweep." Lo and behold, much to my surprise, he starts laughing and comes toward the sweeper again! The only problem with his love of the thing is that I can't sweep with him in front of it! Greg heard me calling for help under the table, "Honey, just pick him up for 2 minutes so I can sweep this!" Instead, he brought the camera. Which is okay because it really was funny. Here's our fearless Maxwell playing with the vacuum sweeper:


I think he loved three things about it: The light, the noise, and the air that came out of the front, blowing in his face. :)

Also last night, Greg took a short break from working to let some documents print out. He sat down at the piano, and in a flash, Max was at his side. He loves to play piano! The funny part is, if you sit him on your lap, he's not content to just play on one octave. Oh, no, he's all over the keyboard! We think he's pretending to be his Aunt Melissa...if he takes after her, we'll be just fine with it! :D Here's our little maestro (along with Daddy, his booster seat). :)



Hmmm...how early will you start teaching piano students, Melissa? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can just strap Max to sweeper while you sweep!

Def. think that Max is getting pretty close to Melissa's level of playing=)

Cute videos, make sure you get some of Max and Bryce swimming this weekend!
Laura

Karen B.. said...

Cute, cute, cute, I think you need to put Max behind the sweeper and put him to work. Love, GrandmaB.

Stephanie R. said...

lol. Maybe Elena and Max can play a duet in April : )-