Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Boys + Mud=Happiness

We went to Brett and Laura's last night after supper (Laura was working) to help Brett plant a few things in the garden. When we showed up, we found Brett out by the garden and Bryce playing by the water faucet...and the puddle underneath it. Max wasn't too sure at first, but he soon discovered the joy of water and mud...

I think Greg enjoyed just as much (if not more than) Max did. I don't know how many times he said, "It's just healthy for boys to play in mud. It's so good for them!" I must have looked nervous or something. :)

Bryce was already a little muddy when we showed up, but Max got him a little dirtier. Still, I think he was maybe intimidated by Max's enthusaism or something. He still played some, but he watched Max alot, too.



Just looking for someone to touch and smear mud on!



"You won't give me a hug? But why?"

Anyway, after watching the boys play in the mud and laughing...alot...we headed out to the garden. Bryce was pretty excited to be there!

The boys thought they'd help hoe, but it was too hard for them to lift...

So they went off together to explore, instead.

We had a great time outside, as Brett and Laura's neighbors across the road were out, too, and their oldest daughter was riding a horse. The boys thought it was pretty neat! Eventually, it was getting cooler out and since Max's shorts were completely soaked, he was getting cold. So, we took the boys in the house and straight to the bathroom! We had to just run the water and do a 'prewash' before we tried to actually make a bath for them. :) And you can't tell from the picture, but Bryce really did have fun, I promise.

The daddies took over bathtime, which was fine by me!



Finally, after they were all cleaned up, we let the boys play for a bit. I had come completely unprepared for all this muddy fun, so Max wore a pair of Bryce's old pjs. They were still too big. :)

And, finally, the last picture...Bryce the pacifier thief. Of course, he never took one of his own! Max's was just too tempting, I guess.

So there you have it! Proof that boys+mud=a couple of happy little 1 year olds. :D

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Kate & Linc would have loved to play along. Cute post and cute new backgroun on your blog.

Karen B.. said...

Soooo cute. Max with all the mud, too cute!! Love, Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

Really nice - those boys will be good gardners someday I think,
GPa B