Monday, May 11, 2009

The last of the birthday stuff...I promise!

We're really NOT trying to drag this out into the longest first birthday celebration ever...I just finally got all my pictures together and put up. :) Here's a couple of shots of the tables:




Here is Max's cake that he was able to destroy all by himself...except it didn't look like this when set in front of him. Right before we were getting ready to do the cake, I was in the kitchen getting the cupcakes and cookies put on trays. Max's cake was beside me on the counter top, and when I turned to move away...you guessed it...the cake went flopping to the floor, decorated side down, of course. That nice '1' and those beautiful balloons were in a smooshed heap on my mom's wooden floor. Thankfully, I have a patient hubby who used the rest of the cupcake frosting to refrost the cake for Max. I think he was really just surprised that I didn't cry about it. For those of you who know me, I'm pretty emotional and it only gets 10 times worse when I'm pregnant. Anyway, Max had plenty of frosting to play in and didn't miss the balloons and 1 on his cake.

Here is the teddy bear cake that A. JoAnn Beutel made for the party...


Isn't it cute?!?!?

The dessert spread...

Max is ready for his cake!

Heading for the bathtub...

Here's the aftermath of the cake:

Time for presents! Max liked this book.


A shake 'n' go car!




I actually only put this one up because I think it's funny...someone else must have taken a picture with flash at the exact same time this one was taken. It makes for some funny lighting. :)

So that's the end of Max's first birthday. :) We still sing 'Happy Birthday' to him on occasion just to make him grin, though.

One more Max story for the day: After the rain, we had a little bit of standing water on our front porch, so Greg let Max go barefoot to explore it a bit. Needless to say, he also found the flowerpots that had plenty of fun, wet dirt to play in. :)

He brought his hands up to his mouth after I had pushed the shutter button for this picture. So while it was taking, I was saying, "Max, no, no, no, no!!!" Oh, well. It's not like he hasn't eaten dirt before.


And last but not least, here' s Max enjoying the great outdoors after the rain...

1 comment:

djkl rassi said...

Happy birthday little buddy! Looks like you had a real fun one! :) It is hard to believe our little tykes are getting so big, but it is super fun too! We love you guys and are glad you're home safe and sound! We loved looking at your pics from your trip...looks like you had a wonderful time! We need to get together again soon!