Tuesday, January 05, 2010

After Christmas

I don't have any pictures of it, but on the 30th we took Dad and Mom Beutel out to eat at Seven (that's the name of the restaurant) for their 30th anniversary (which was really on the 23rd). The little kids did better than I expected, and we had a great meal. Greg presented them with the photo book he made from pictures he and the other kids compiled, we (all of the kids) gave them a CD of some of their favorite songs that we had recorded at Tim and Melissa's on Sunday, and everyone gave Dad and Mom a coupon for something they'd do for them. We got an ice cream cake from Culver's and finished the celebration relaxing back at Dad and Mom's house. Then, on the 31st, Kent and Mem (Nate's parents) came down from Wisconsin, so we spent New Year's Eve with them. We ate some snacks, played a couple of games, and I even made it until midnight. It was good to spend some time with them. Nate, Steph, and Elena flew back to Germany on the 1st, so we said goodbye to them in the morning. I already miss them! It was so fun having them here!

That afternoon, Greg, the kids, and I picked up Caleb to finally deliver on his birthday present: an overnight stay with us at Stoney Creek Inn. We got to the hotel at about 3:30, knowing check-in was at 3. The manager told us that our room wasn't ready yet, but he would keep some of our bags behind the front desk and we could swim until it was ready. Thank goodness Max likes to swim! An hour and a half later, we finally could go up to our room. I'm not sure if things got behind from New Year's Eve or what, but it worked out okay for us. Max remembered how to swim in his little outfit and did great! It was so nice not having him be so frustrated and trying to squirm out of our arms. He could swim by himself to his heart's content! Oh, and he loooooooves the hot tub. Probably a little too much. He would have jumped right in and stayed in for far too long if we let him!



After we got set up in the room, we went to Granite City for supper. Yum! Max and Nora did pretty good, but were ready to get back to the hotel room and hang out. After the kids went to bed, Caleb, Greg and I played a couple games of Settlers of Catan. The boys each won a game. By the time we finished it was after 1 am, so I did NOT care to play one more just so I could have a chance at winning. No thanks.


Max waiting for his food ever so patiently at Granite City

We went swimming again the next morning, and even Nora got in this time. She was thrilled, as you can see. :)



In the afternoon we took Caleb and Katy bowling. I won the first game with a score of 112, which is pretty high for me (I think I've gone a total of 3 times in my life now). Katy bowled a pretty good second game and ended with a score of 119. Impressive! Caleb had done better the second game than the first, but he totally surprised us when, on his last three tries, he got two strikes and 7 pins. He ended with a score of 121. In other words, Greg and I got stomped by our younger siblings the second time around. It was fun, though.


My best attempt at a shot of the screen.

That night, Greg and I went to Aaron and Katie's to eat pizza and play some games. I was introduced to Monopoly Deal, a card game, and I have to say I think I like it better than the original! Sunday night was the big Wagenbach Christmas, and last night we actually had a normal supper at home and then Max got a haircut at Dad and Mom B's. Things are finally getting back to normal around here, and I am all for it! :)

Last picture of the day: Greg playing with his new toy, an iPod Touch. :) Thanks to Katy for teaching him how to use it! ;)

2 comments:

Rustin and Sharon said...

We love Monopoly Deal also!!!

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner and evening!! Thanks to you all for organizing the photobook and for recording a beautiful CD for us!! Love, Mom B.