The day after Christmas, we went to Grandpa and Grandma Beutel's house for the Beutel Christmas. We packed almost 50 people into their house for the usual food, fun, music, and laughter. After lunch, some of the braver Beutel men went out into the blowing snow and biting wind to play...football. Yes, they're crazy. I think the six guys who played were Greg, Tim, Mark, Dad B., Nate, and Dale. I don't remember who was on which team or even who won, but here is a sample of the game.
After coming in and warming up, Dad B. played his accordian and some of the family sat in the basement and sang along. I absolutely love this video of Grandpa holding Max and Bryce. He loves his music and his great-grandkids!
Then, after supper, to help the food settle, there were several games of Around the World.
We had a great time! We missed you, Rustin, Sharon, Grace, and Jenny (and baby Lena!)
On Sunday the 27th we had the Wagenbach Christmas at Grandpa and Grandma Wagenbach's. I don't have any pictures, but I was sure I had some videos from that one. Once I find them I'll put them up. We had a fun time there, too, as A. Trish had some trivia questions for the grab gifts. She'd ask a question and the first person to raise their hand and answer correctly could choose their gift. I do wish I had a video of that. :) Then, later Sunday night, Greg and I packed up the kids and headed over to the slumber party at Dad and Mom B's. Everyone stayed overnight there since our Christmas was on Monday. It was a late night, but everyone got at least some sleep! :) Monday we had breakfast, then just lounged around in the morning while Greg went with Tim to set up his classroom.

Aunt Katy and Nora (and Santa Claus slippers)

Dad and Bella relaxing (Bella's in her favorite spot)

Bella thinks, "Man...these grandkids wear me out!"
Greg and Nate wanted to take Max and Elena sledding, so Steph and I voted to have the kids do their presents before they left since they were in good moods.

Playing and waiting to open presents

Elena ripping into one of hers

Max with his ambulance with lights and sounds...he loves it!
They then took the kids sledding until the adults got tired of walking back up the hill. (I think Max went down a total of three times.) Tim had some video of it, but I don't have any to share. Once everyone was assembled, the rest of us opened our presents.

Dad and Nate trying to solve a puzzle Nate got in his stocking (it never did get solved...let me know when you figure it out, Nate!)




1 comment:
Mary, I love that video of Grandpa singing. Thanks for posting.
And you DID forget the video of Elena picking her nose and feeding it to Nate. Come on now!
Post a Comment