
I'm sure this picture has been taken countless times, but I think it's cool anyway.

The lovely Mr. and Mrs. Tim Beutel

Tim pondering the length of our wait
We waited in another long line to buy tickets for the tram to go to the top of the Arch and finally bought some for 2:25 pm. It was about 12:30 at that point, so we left the Arch to get some lunch before our trek to the top. We ate at a place called the Old Spaghetti Factory...it was SO delicious!!!

Greg's spinach tortellini with alfredo sauce

My mizithra cheese and browned butter pasta...AMAZING! I'm sure it was terribly not good for me, but it tasted sooooo good. I also had spumoni ice cream for the first time and really liked it!

In line...and a wee bit nervous!

I told Greg he better be RIGHT next to me the whole time...I knew I'd need to have his hand to hang on to!
Before you get into your little tram cars, there is a little mini museum you walk through. I don't remember everything about it; I was a little distracted. :P

Tim posing with the dock salesman

Getting 'excited' (it's a little bit forced, yes)

The doorway to our (little) tram car...I didn't get a picture of the inside of it as a whole

Me and Greg...after looking at this picture, Greg said, "Let's take another one...your smile looks a little nervous."

Of course, that made me laugh, so here's the second try. I almost like the first one better.

The grassy field right below the Arch

I could still smile, at least!

Tim and Melissa were enjoying it, though.

I'm glad I didn't see this out the window, but I love the picture!

After I was up there for a few minutes, I was better and not too shaky anymore.
All in all, I was glad we went up (mostly so I can say that I did it), but I can't guarantee that I'd jump at the chance to go up it again. It was fun to spend some time with Tim and Melissa, though!
After the Arch experience, Tim and Melissa wanted to go through the Science Center, but Greg and I went to our hotel. We wanted to swim and sit in the hot tub before going out for supper and our evening activity...an Ambassadors of Harmony concert! We got to the hotel at a few minutes before four o'clock, but our room wasn't ready. We sat in the lobby for a half an hour and I eventually went up and asked at the front desk. A little after four thirty, we finally got our room!We ate supper at a restaurant called Pei Wei that was situated close to an Old Navy. After a not too heavy supper, we shopped a bit and then headed to the concert. It was fabulous!
Sunday morning we ate breakfast at the hotel and left for home. I was surprised at how much I missed Max and Nora! It was so good to see them again! That afternoon I made my pies for the evening and Greg went on a bike ride and swim with his dad. We went to my parents' house for Father's Day. It was a small group, but we all had a good time. After supper we went swimming, and Greg and Caleb got a workout throwing Joel, Todd, and Seth into the pool...multiple times. We finally came home that night as a family, exhausted and happy. It was a great Father's Day weekend! :D







3 comments:
Interesting Mary!! Who is that fellow hanging out with the statue guy????? Sounds like a great time!! We had fun with the kids! Love, Mom/Grandma
Oh, Mom...hilarious! I read your comment several times and was very confused. It wasn't until tonight when I reread the post that I caught my mistake! I fixed it now...it's Tim, not Greg, obviously! :D
No pictures of the kids because ironically you did something without your children in celebration of "FATHERS DAY"
Post a Comment