So I heard the weather is supposed to change again, getting cold this weekend. Just in case it does happen, I needed to put up these pictures to remember all the fun we've been having in the warm weather!
Saturday my brother-in-law Nate turned 30 (Happy birthday, Nate!), and we had supper at he and Steph's house to celebrate both his and Melissa's birthdays. (Happy birthday, Melissa!) The kids played outside all evening and had a ball together.
Nora and Elena chillin' on the porch.
Such cuties.
Love, love, love!
Max surprised me by blowing bubbles for probably 15 minutes straight before supper. Who knew he actually had an attention span?
Nice one!
Bubble blower extraordinare!
Nate has a tightrope thing (maybe called a 'slack line?') that he and Greg and Nate's friend put up between two trees. After the big boys had some fun walking on it, the little kids wanted to try, too.
Max's turn!
Elena looking oh so graceful.
Later on, I noticed Greg over in the corner of the yard with Max. I couldn't tell at first what they were doing, but I listened and heard Greg explaining to Max how to cast his 'fishing pole.' Apparently there was a fishing lesson going on. :) I zoomed in from the porch so I wouldn't disturb them.
It didn't take Nora long to find them...she doesn't ever want to be left out of the boys' fun!
On Sunday afternoon, she did get left out, though. She and I stayed behind at Dad and Mom Beutel's house while Greg took Max on the 3-wheeler down to the timber to go mushroom hunting. Max was pretty excited!
Once again, practicing his cast...or maybe practicing waiting for fish?
I don't know what it is about this picture...the little cap, the meandering boy, the stick in his hand...I just think it's absolutely adoreable.
Max dreaming of being big enough to drive the 3-wheeler. It'll come soon enough, buddy!
Then, Sunday evening, we met Dad and Mom Rassi and Caleb at Avanti's and then took the kids down to Mineral Springs park. After playing on the playground for a bit, we all took one lap around the lagoon. (At Greg's suggestion....always trying to get labor started.)
After our lap we stopped to watch the ducks and geese. Nora and Max were pretty fascinated with them.
Pretty girl.
Love these three!
What were they staring at so intently, you ask?
The answer: this father Canadian goose.
And what brought him so close to us?
The answer: his mate who was sitting on a nest right along the walking path. There was a teenage boy taking pictures of it with his phone and when Greg saw how close he was, he remarked, "That kid has obviously never been charged by a goose before." He backed off, then, and the geese never got too upset. The male goose came over, to the dock, though, just to make sure nobody messed with the momma goose.
Mom took Max and Nora on a little walk up the steps.
Peekaboo! Anyway, we've been loving the warm weather and counting down the days until Baby #3 gets to enjoy it with us! (Or, you know, the sleet or rain or whatever it's supposed to be doing this weekend.)
Last thing for today: Max and Nora had fun playing 'boat' with a box we had laying around yesterday. Enjoy Max's renditions of "Row, row, row your boat."
3 comments:
If I remember right the last baby was born the night after we took Bryce and Max down to the Pekin park.
You're right! The walk around the lagoon didn't get things going quite like last time...probably because I made Greg stop at one. :)
Love the pics, so precious. I love the boy,stick and hat pics too. Wonder what is going thru his mind! I sure do have some cute grandkids! love, Grandma B.
Post a Comment