These pictures are already about a month old, so it's a good thing Greg's been taking pics of the kids to keep all of you blog followers (all 5 of you?) interested in coming back. :)
One Friday night in May, Greg and I had planned on going out to eat with the kids (first time since Tirzah was born!). Like the awesome husband that he is, Greg surprised me by getting a room for us all at the Embassy Suites so we could have a little family night away. Dinner went okay, considering it was 6:00 when we got to the restaurant and had to wait for a while and the kids hadn't had much lunch (they were throwing their sandwiches on the floor, so I had sent them down for naps) and I didn't have snacks with me. It was a busy meal, but we did it! Once we got to the hotel and settled in, we headed for the pool (which the kids loved, of course). Our hotel room was a suite that had a pull-out couch in the front room, so for the first time ever, Max and Nora slept in the same bed. They were pretty excited about it, as you can see.

After pajamas were put on, we watched Ice Age 2 on our laptop that we'd brought, but Nora just couldn't make it to the end...she fell asleep on the floor!

It did eliminate the potential problem of them talking/playing and not going to sleep! As I would get up with Tirzah, I would check on them to make sure they were not about to fall off the bed or something...I found them in pretty funny positions. They started out with Max on the left and Nora on the right, more or less like this:

At one time when I checked them, they had completely switched sides. Once when Greg checked on them, Max was upside down with his head under the covers. And one time....

...Nora's feet were on Max's chest. Believe it or not, they both slept all night! Another Nora story: when Greg took the above picture, it was morning, maybe around 7:00. As he was standing there looking at the kids, Nora blurts out, "Miiiiiiiine!" Her eyes never opened and she never moved...I can only imagine what Max was taking from her in her dream. :)
Saturday morning after a marvelous breakfast (gotta love Embassy Suites!), we once again hit the pool, I packed up our stuff, and then Greg and the kids played a game we had brought along (Johnny Tractor and the Golden Apples). The point is to get 4 apples and get to the finish line. Max loves this game; Nora's a bit young for it yet. :)

Here is Max showing his cards!

One Friday night in May, Greg and I had planned on going out to eat with the kids (first time since Tirzah was born!). Like the awesome husband that he is, Greg surprised me by getting a room for us all at the Embassy Suites so we could have a little family night away. Dinner went okay, considering it was 6:00 when we got to the restaurant and had to wait for a while and the kids hadn't had much lunch (they were throwing their sandwiches on the floor, so I had sent them down for naps) and I didn't have snacks with me. It was a busy meal, but we did it! Once we got to the hotel and settled in, we headed for the pool (which the kids loved, of course). Our hotel room was a suite that had a pull-out couch in the front room, so for the first time ever, Max and Nora slept in the same bed. They were pretty excited about it, as you can see.
After pajamas were put on, we watched Ice Age 2 on our laptop that we'd brought, but Nora just couldn't make it to the end...she fell asleep on the floor!
It did eliminate the potential problem of them talking/playing and not going to sleep! As I would get up with Tirzah, I would check on them to make sure they were not about to fall off the bed or something...I found them in pretty funny positions. They started out with Max on the left and Nora on the right, more or less like this:
At one time when I checked them, they had completely switched sides. Once when Greg checked on them, Max was upside down with his head under the covers. And one time....
...Nora's feet were on Max's chest. Believe it or not, they both slept all night! Another Nora story: when Greg took the above picture, it was morning, maybe around 7:00. As he was standing there looking at the kids, Nora blurts out, "Miiiiiiiine!" Her eyes never opened and she never moved...I can only imagine what Max was taking from her in her dream. :)
Saturday morning after a marvelous breakfast (gotta love Embassy Suites!), we once again hit the pool, I packed up our stuff, and then Greg and the kids played a game we had brought along (Johnny Tractor and the Golden Apples). The point is to get 4 apples and get to the finish line. Max loves this game; Nora's a bit young for it yet. :)
Here is Max showing his cards!
From the hotel, we went to the mall (just to the Children's Place), ate some pretzels and then headed home. It was a busy weekend, doing all of our first outings with 3 kids, but it really was a lot of fun. :)
The next pictures are from April/May Rassi bdays...we celebrated Lincoln, Max, Ellie, Seth, Jacob, and Nic.

Linc is so cute...Mom had candles shaped like Cars characters for him and Max. Of course they both thought that was really cool...

...and apparently Max thought Mater looked good enough to eat! I guess he doesn't quite realize that candles are made of wax. :)

We've been enjoying Dad and Mom Beutel's new cabin quite a bit this summer. Here Nora is getting a ride from their house to the cabin:

Also this summer we've been enjoying the fact that Nate and Steph live 15 min. away instead of a 9 hour plane ride! One night Greg and Nate wanted to take Max and Elena fishing on the lake in their subdivision. Unfortunately, the boat had a leak in it, so they just fished off the dock. Steph, Katy, and I took a walk down to the lake to check their progress, and the two older kids decided they wanted to come back with us. The three kids took over the porch swing and much silliness ensued.
I love this picture!

Max finally caught the spirit of hamming it up.

Nora, on the other hand, kept her usual noncommital face.

Eventually Greg and Nate came back with their catch...a little fish! Max touched it, but I don't think the girls did.

As a funny little postscript to this story, we left the fish in the bucket and went inside for a while. When Greg went back to the lake and dumped the bucket, he never saw the fish come out. He figured since it was almost dark out, he just missed it. The next week, Katy and I took the kids to Nate and Steph's, and as Max walked up the front steps he said, "Fish!" Sure enough, there in the landscaping was a familiar very dead fish. It must have jumped out of the bucket...no wonder Greg didn't see it! :)
Linc is so cute...Mom had candles shaped like Cars characters for him and Max. Of course they both thought that was really cool...
...and apparently Max thought Mater looked good enough to eat! I guess he doesn't quite realize that candles are made of wax. :)
We've been enjoying Dad and Mom Beutel's new cabin quite a bit this summer. Here Nora is getting a ride from their house to the cabin:
Also this summer we've been enjoying the fact that Nate and Steph live 15 min. away instead of a 9 hour plane ride! One night Greg and Nate wanted to take Max and Elena fishing on the lake in their subdivision. Unfortunately, the boat had a leak in it, so they just fished off the dock. Steph, Katy, and I took a walk down to the lake to check their progress, and the two older kids decided they wanted to come back with us. The three kids took over the porch swing and much silliness ensued.
I love this picture!
Max finally caught the spirit of hamming it up.
Nora, on the other hand, kept her usual noncommital face.
Eventually Greg and Nate came back with their catch...a little fish! Max touched it, but I don't think the girls did.
As a funny little postscript to this story, we left the fish in the bucket and went inside for a while. When Greg went back to the lake and dumped the bucket, he never saw the fish come out. He figured since it was almost dark out, he just missed it. The next week, Katy and I took the kids to Nate and Steph's, and as Max walked up the front steps he said, "Fish!" Sure enough, there in the landscaping was a familiar very dead fish. It must have jumped out of the bucket...no wonder Greg didn't see it! :)
2 comments:
Love the pics!!!! And I must say that I am the aunt that got Max to smile, even laugh in a picture!!! How often does that happen?! Now I'll move on to Nora... that will be an even bigger accomplishment : )
Our household alone provides at least 5 or 6 followers! :) You do such a great job with your posts! Such a sweet family.
Post a Comment