After some much enjoyed warmer-than-usual-for-January days, today marks the first snow of the year. It was so funny when Max came upstairs this morning. He was sitting at the kitchen table, very sleepily waiting for breakfast, when I told him to look outside. Immediately his eyes opened wide and a huge grin splashed across his face. "It's snowing!" he exclaimed happily. "Now we can get all our stuff on and go play in it!" I told him he had to wait until Tirzah took her nap, and then we would do just as he said.

Thanks for the snowsuits and boots for Max, Mom B.!

Thanks for the snowsuits and boots for Max, Mom B.!

The process of getting ready was taking its toll on the kids and I was afraid they weren't going to enjoy themselves in the snow. I told them,

"C'mon, guys...give me a smile like you're excited to go out and play in the snow!" Thankfully, that worked. :)

Scooping snow with his sand shovel...and wearing my scarf. (It was snowing and blowing, making it sting your face if you were facing the wind.)

Nora was not as enamored with the whole thing as much as Max was...and I only had one scarf so I improvised with my old ear warmer. It worked!

I had to get one picture of the three of us out in the snow...I borrowed Greg's big fuzzy hat since my coat doesn't have a hood on it and my ear warmer alone wasn't doing the job. I think the kids had fun, even though it was cold! Seeing them all suited up for snow makes me excited for playing outside in it some time when it's done snowing.

Tirzah woke up and was crying, so we had to go in after about half and hour or 45 minutes...it was plenty long, though! We came inside, thankful for the warmth, and shed our winter layers. Seeing this heap of clothes made me laugh. All this stuff just for two kids! My coat/hats weren't even on the pile!
At least we can say we got to play in the first snow of the year!




No comments:
Post a Comment