It's a little later in the day than I planned to get this post up, but I've been thinking about it most of the morning. Whenever Good Friday is a beautiful sunny day, I can't help but think of the contrast to the day that Jesus was crucified. Today especially, with it's brilliant sun and warmer weather that has everyone eagerly anticipating spring and the new life and growth it brings, makes me think of how crushing it was for everyone who had put their earthly hope in Jesus to see Him hanging on a cross. It makes me wish I could have reached out that day and told them, "Wait! This isn't the end! There's more to the story!" And yet how many times do I think that I find myself in a 'hopeless' situation and don't trust God that He has a better end in mind for me. Sorry, I don't feel like that came out very clear and I'm not that great at expressing myself...but suffice to say I'm very thankful for Good Friday and that Jesus suffered and died for my sins when He was totally perfect.
Another reason for thankfulness today is that 30 years ago today, my favorite person on earth was born! :) That's right, it's Greg's birthday!!! Between tax season, pregnancy, Easter weekend, etc., I feel like I haven't done enough to make a big deal out of this milestone birthday, so I figured a blog post with some good videos would help out a little bit. :)
My little troop of singers! Believe it or not, we actually got a decent movie on the first try! That doesn't happen too often...usually at least one person decides they don't want to cooperate. :P Oh, and Max and Nora were 'guessing' Greg's age. Like I said, I guess I haven't made a big enough deal out of the fact that it's his 30th! :D
Tirzah is so funny...we actually did her movie first while the big kids were finishing breakfast, and I think she sang "Happy Birthday" the entire rest of the morning! It's her new favorite song, for sure.
Happy birthday, sweetie! We are all your biggest fans! :D
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Greggie! Thanks for sharing Mary!
love-sheila
Great post, beautiful singers and a great son born this day!! Love, Mom B.
Post a Comment