Greg
Ok...so when Max came upstairs, he told us he had a bad dream, right? And I know that not too long after he was in our bed, I heard Nora out in the living room but was too tired to go do anything with her since I figured she'd just go back to sleep anyway on the chair. And I remember that it was 1:15 when Max came in because I asked you what time it was and I thought I heard you say 11:15.
ANYWAY, that recap is just to set the stage for what I discovered this afternoon. Melissa Skyped us because Lincoln enjoys doing it, and I mentioned to her about our weird night and both kids ending up on the couch. Nora said, "Yeah, and we took pretzels down to our bed! And my drink!" I looked at her kind of weird and said no, you didn't. Then one of the kids said, "Yeah, and Teddy Grahams, too!...in our dream." I was puzzled, but just kind of laughed and said whatever.
Now, I just put them both down for naps, and there was a huge pile of stuffing in their bed in the pink room...all from that poor Grandpa Rassi bear. Funny thing is, I noticed a little bit of it in the kitchen this morning that I knew hadn't been there last night, but I didn't think much of it. THEN, I saw it in the bed...a teddy graham. A quick glance under the bed revealed that yes, indeed, they DID take that little pack of German pretzel sticks AND the box of Teddy Grahams downstairs at some point last night. I also noticed a yellow cup down there that I know we didn't take down.
So now I'm thinking about all of this and wondering, when did they do that? Surely we would have heard them, wouldn't have we? We were up for at least an hour and a half after we put them to bed...it's just funny to me because either they both woke up at like 1:00 AM and decided to help themselves to a snack or else they stayed awake and waited until we were in bed (which wasn't until close to midnight, right?) and snuck upstairs. It's no wonder that Max slept on the couch until 9:15 this morning and didn't care that he didn't eat breakfast until 10:00!!! :D What little partners in crime they are! Oh, and no wonder they didn't want to sleep in their bed...stuffing everywhere and probably some Teddy Grahams and pretzels, too!
4 comments:
lol!!! Love it that your kids are so very different from mine. It makes for a good time when we get together and lots of great stories : )
This totally made me laugh...and appreciate the fact that both my children still sleep in cribs and can't get out of their beds to do such things. :)
Greg/Mary this is so funny! i had to read it aloud to our kids that are still up (LJT) because they wanted to know what i was chuckling about. :) Thanks for sharing!
Those ornery Beutel kids, how cute. they were sure having real life dreams. So Funny!! Love, Mom B.
Post a Comment