More catch up!

Carmen and I decided to swap some baby clothes, so one day the kids and I went over to their house for the morning. Tirzah's favorite toy was...Anya! Thankfully she was a good sport and was strapped into the stroller! :) If she can get over the jealousy, I think Tirzah's going to be excited to have a baby around. :D

Carmen and I decided to swap some baby clothes, so one day the kids and I went over to their house for the morning. Tirzah's favorite toy was...Anya! Thankfully she was a good sport and was strapped into the stroller! :) If she can get over the jealousy, I think Tirzah's going to be excited to have a baby around. :D

This girl used to not eat ANY fruit except bananas and occasionally an apple. I'm thankful to say that her tastes have finally changed, as she was the only one of our kids to really love the pineapple that we had one night!

She's just too fun to take pictures of...and she LOVES those little pink Cinderella shoes. She will clomp around in them all day! Just the other night Nate and Steph babysat the kids, and Steph told me that Tirzah latched on to a similar pair of shoes and didn't take them off the whole night. It didn't surprise me! :)

The two amigos...they are lost without each other! It's been good for Nora to have Max go to preschool one day a week...it will definitely be an adjustment when he goes to Kindergarten this fall!

Our nephew Lincoln turned 1! We missed his birthday party, but Katy took our camera and got some pictures for us. As far as I can tell...
Every once in a while the weather warmed up just a bit so I could send the kids outside. Nora never lasted long, but Max and Tirzah loved 'fishing' in their sandbox one day.
I don't remember if I blogged about it at all, but last year during tax season, our little routine with Max and Nora was to play Guess Who? with them before we put them to bed. It gave Greg a little time to spend with them before they had to go to sleep, and of course they loved it! It was pretty entertaining to hear them play, too. :) Well, this year the game of choice is Memory! One night, Max and Nora decided that they wanted to be on the same team (usually it was a parent/child vs. parent/child). I forget why they both got in trouble that day, but for some reason they hadn't gotten dessert or something like that. Greg told them that if they beat us at Memory, they could share a cookie.

Nothing like a little motivation! They did beat us! Not by much, as you can tell by the tiles, but they did win. I can say that I was not trying to go easy on them, and I don't think Greg really was, either. Max's memory is pretty sharp and I think he was just determined to win. Needless to say, they both really enjoyed that cookie!

Here is a shot of my workstation during project Sheila's cake...now that I think of it, Max and Nora might have been in trouble that day because they got into my flowers and ate a bunch of them. It happened twice, so I can't be positive if that's what the problem was that night, but it sounds familiar. (I did start locking the door to the storage room after it happened the second time!)

I forget what night it was that we actually got some snow that accumulated, but whenever it was, Greg took the kids out one night after supper to play. Tirzah was in bed (she doesn't like the snow anyway) and I was cleaning up from supper, so we suited up the big kids and Greg turned on our back yard lights. He and the kids tried to make a snowman, which didn't turn out so great, and then went to the front of the house and made a fort. Much to the kids' delight, the fort was standing strong the next day! I let them go back out the next afternoon to 'fix it' some more. They loved it!
Kia was thrilled not just with the snow, but that someone was actually outside playing, even if it wasn't with her! I'm hoping that this summer we will all get outside more and she won't be so starved for attention!
I can't find it now, but somewhere I have a picture of Max sitting near Greg's feet while he has the computer on his lap and is working on tax stuff. Tirzah LOVES to sit up in his lap and just chill while he tries to work around her. :) I'm just thankful he has a job where he can work from home in the evenings! It definitely helps me get through tax season! :)






1 comment:
Enjoyed the post, and the kids escapades, how funny. Love ya, Mom B.
Post a Comment