Wednesday, July 24, 2013

T Fest 2013


My pretty princess and Griffin...I'm sure these "Sibling holding Griffin" pictures will make their appearance quite often here!

We went to the Turkey Festival on Thursday night to take advantage of the 'Buddy Night.'  Last year, Max and Nora were both too short for most of the rides, but this year there were a lot more they could do!


They tried the Star Jumper first...and held hands the entire time.  It was adorable and they loved it.

Next up, the ferris wheel!  I decided not to take Griffin on it, though I did want to go myself!



Then, Greg reeeeeeally wanted to take Max on Pharaoh's Fury...and Max reeeeeeally wanted to go.  Guess who reeeeeeally didn't want them to?  Yes, the scaredy mom.  Max was just tall enough to go, and Greg agreed to sit in the very middle with him, so I took a deep breath and smiled and snapped pictures.


Guess what?  Max LOVED it.  I mean, LOOOOOOVED it.  It was all he could talk about the rest of the weekend, as I'm sure some of you already know!  Apparently he doesn't mind the feeling of his stomach dropping out...quite the opposite of his mom!


After hearing Max talk it up, Nora was very sad that she was too short to go on Pharaoh's Fury.  Thankfully there were plenty of other things for her to do!


Max on his motorcycle!


They both rode the jungle bus ride.


Tirzah was surprisingly patient all night.  I had Griffin strapped onto me in the Ergo carrier and Tirzah was in the little umbrella stroller.  Finally we got to go and ride her 'ponies.'  Not surprisingly, she did NOT want to get off!


Nora's face cracks me up...she was riding the Rocking Tub or something like that.


This one.


After her first taste of the merry go round, Tirzah really wanted to ride the 'ponies' again!  Uncle Josh offered to ride it with her and they were the only ones on the whole thing. :)  Oh, and she did pick out a dog this time instead of a pony.  Silly girl!


Max and Nora shared a green Jeep.


Last but not least was the dragon coaster!  Last year, by the last round Max had his "I'm gonna be sick!" look on his face.  This year, he did better and never looked like that!

Nora loved the coaster, as usual, but was SO sad that she could never be in the very front car.  Maybe next year!

After the rides we went to Pinky's with Josh and Sheila, but I didn't get any good pictures of that.  It was probably the most fun I've ever had at the T Fest rides, and I only went on the carousel! :)

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Great pics Mary : )