We left on Friday around noonish, just Mom, Caleb, Greg, Max, and I. (Dad and Nic came later.) The earlier departure was nice because it meant we got to Ohio in the evening instead of midnight! Chet and Amanda were just arriving at U. Donn and A. Karen's when we pulled in. It was so good to see everyone again! I didn't get my camera out until Saturday afternoon, so that's where the pictures start. It was fun to see Hannah, who is 2 days younger than Max, but whose thighs have his beat! :)


Usually, every Columbus Day, U. Donn and my dad find some project to keep the men busy. They've poured concrete and chopped up trees (maybe even chopped down trees?) and I don't even remember what all else. Well, U. Donn didn't have a project this year, but he found one right down the street! One of their neighbors started building this 'cabin' but was needing help with the fake log siding. It turned out to be just the right amount of work for the guys, time-wise, and the neighbor was quite appreciative! They got the whole front sided.
Like I said, I didn't take pictures until mid-afternoon, but here's some action shots of the work. The last picture is of Paul and Sam putting the finishing pieces on. It looked really sharp! The owner said he plans to make the window frames the same dark mocha color as the roof. Can't wait to see it next year!


Max decided to leave the heavy work to the guys who could walk. He played with Grandma Rassi instead. (Oh, yeah, and the grass, too!)
I couldn't really tell you what specifically I did on Saturday....walked back and forth many times from the 'cabin' to U. Donn and A. Karen's to check out the progress, chatted with Amanda, Nichole, and Michelle, played with Hannah and Max, cuddled Reid, etc. Just had a good relaxing day! We tried (rather unsuccessfully) to get a good picture of us girls/cousins with our babies. From left to right: Amanda and Reid (August 6th), Nichole and Hannah (April 24th), me and Max (April 22nd).

Greg, Max, and I actually stayed overnight at Chet and Amanda's. Max slept in Reid's crib since Reid is still in a bassinet in Chet and Amanda's room. He's such a little peanut and makes Max look like a giant! I love that they even 'held hands' for the picture. Reid truly is a miracle. His due date was October 5th or 6th, I can't remember, but he was born 9 weeks early. He weighed 2 lb. 5 oz. at birth and now is over 6 lbs! When holding him, he almost felt weightless compared to Max! We had a great time with Chet and Amanda, even staying up until 1 am talking on Friday night! Thanks, Wenningers! We loved it! :)
On Saturday evening, Michelle wanted Chet to teach her how to shoot a gun, so we all went out and watched. Unfortunately, our camera was dead, so I don't have any pictures of that, either! These last two pics are from Sam, who has a really fancy schmancy camera. You can tell just by looking at the pictures that his flash is quite different from our little Kodak! Thanks for the pictures, Sam!
Greg and Max hanging out and watching Michelle, and me and Max...not sure what we're doing. But he's grinning, at least!
We left Sunday evening after a 4:00 supper at U. Donn and A. Karen's. Max did pretty good during the ride home. However, there was a space of about an hour where he cried/screamed. Not constantly, mind you, but he was definitely NOT happy. Thankfully, he finally fell asleep and it was quiet the rest of the way home. We arrived safe and sound, glad to be home! It was a fast weekend, but a fun one!








2 comments:
Those are some great pictures and an excellent summary of the weekend :) I love the one of Reid and Max - their clothes even match for the picture. It was so good to see yous and catch up (it doesn't happen enough) And you may be right about Hannah's thighs... :)
love, nichole
My goodness...I'm way behind the times - def didn't know Nicole and Amanda had new babies! Thanks for the update...loved the pics and video clips! :)
- Jules
Post a Comment