Monday, November 17, 2008

News flash!

You know the phrase, "You learn something new every day?" Well, my new thing to learn on Friday was that I've been putting Max's orajel on the wrong set of gums! I don't think I've ever even checked his top gums for a tooth because I've always thought that the bottom teeth come in first! Poor guy! Well, anyway, Max really is officially getting a tooth now. It's not just me and Greg making an excuse for his fussiness by saying, "Oh, he's just teething." Actually, I guess I'm the only one that did that. Greg doesn't like to.

And now, for your viewing pleasure: Max's antics in the past week or so...


Playing in the 'fort' that Daddy built for him


His newest feat: Dumping over the toy basket


Crawling inside to reach something

Being a cute little stinker!

On Saturday night, we helped Sheila with the Brother's Supper at Dad and Mom Beutel's house. It was a fondue supper, so it had lots of set up, but it went great, and I think everyone enjoyed it!
One of the tables, Mike and Craig enjoying the dessert fondue, and the yummy chocolate fondue dippers!

Yesterday, after church, Dad and Mom Beutel came out to be our photographers for some possible Christmas pictures. We didn't get any real keepers, unfortunately, but we did get a good picture of Max and his Grandpa playing piano before the photo shoot! :D


This week looks like it will be a busy one for us. We have potluck here tomorrow night (thankfully the house is pretty clean already because we had the YG here for lunch on Saturday after leaf raking....chili, broccoli cheese soup, my first attempt at making Mom Beutel's famous cinnamon rolls which actually turned out pretty good....it was a great lunch! But sorry, no pictures), and then we need to start getting our house ready for the two projects coming up end of November/beginning of December.

Greg called Helitech about when they are coming to fix the crack in our basement floor, and they told him that they're on track for....November 26th. Our 2nd anniversary. And the day before Thanksgiving. And 9 days away. So our basement needs to get ready for them to make a mess. (Hopefully we'll move most of our stuff to the north end and just hang some painter's plastic from the ceiling.) That wouldn't be such a big deal, but Greg, Max, and I are leaving Sunday after church for Quincy to stay two nights so Greg can go to Tax School. (Dad and Mom Rassi are coming, too. I'm so pumped!) Then, Greg and I are planning on staying somewhere Tuesday night for our anniversary and doing something on Wednesday. So basically we need to be ready by the end of this week for them to come.

AND we're not done yet! We are getting new carpet in both bedrooms and the living room upstairs, and it will be installed on December 1st and 2nd (the Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving). Greg is planning on ripping up the carpet so we don't have to pay the furniture guys to do it, but the question that begs to be asked is, when will he be able to do it since we'll be gone the first half of next week and we'll still need to have a place to sleep after he gets it ripped up? The answer is, (hopefully) the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I figure what has to happen is that I get all of our knick-knacks/pictures/decorations packed up by the end of this week, we move some small furniture downstairs on Friday (we have a couple of Thanksgivings on that day, too, so we won't have too much time to work!), and get the stuff ripped up on Saturday. That only leaves a couple days with our house turned upside down. Christmas is going to seem calm after this! :) I'm sure I'll at least take some before/after pictures with the carpet...and maybe a few of all the topsy turviness, too!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

You make me tired...

Stephanie R. said...

Maybe Max will make up in piano what the rest of the Dean Beutel family lacks!