Tuesday night I went to girl's night at Janelle's house. It was our last one before Julie gets married! (Which is 4 weeks away.) Here's our group, minus Heidi:

Hannah, Jess, Janelle, Julie, Me (sorry about the redeye, girls!)

He's got it figured out now...sideways is best!

He's pretty serious about this corn-on-the-cob thing...

Oh, and did I mention that this ear of corn is raw? He loves it both ways. :)

Uncle Caleb working on some artwork and Max 'helping'
When I woke up Friday morning, I felt completely normal and didn't have more than 4 contractions all day. I was more than a little disappointed; thankfully Greg had the day off and spent it with me so I wasn't just moping at home. Saturday, Greg was proactive again and realized we needed something to do so we didn't both go crazy just waiting for labor to start for real. My mom and sister-in-law Ellie hadn't done corn yet for the summer and we figured if we helped them it wouldn't take too long, so Greg and my brother Philip (who was home for the weekend...more help!) went and got somewhere around 350 ears of sweet corn. It really was a fantastic idea, even if Mom hadn't wanted to do corn that day. :) It kept us busy and our minds off of our stubborn baby. :)
Anyway, Saturday night we went to Aaron and Katie's for supper, which was alot of fun. Brett and Laura were there with Bryce, as well as Jeremy and Kalsey with Rylee. All four kids are within about 6 months of age, so it was fun to see them interact.
I had Greg take a few pictures of me and Baby #2 before we are separated, since I realized we don't have any good pics of me pregnant this time around.

40 weeks...Mom must be more ready than Baby...
Well, those are all the new pictures I have...I sincerely hope that the next ones put up on the blog are of a new baby Beutel! I've found that I'm really awful at this waiting stuff...I know I shouldn't complain because I'm not really even overdue (my due date according to the doctor was yesterday), but the sporadic contractions are just kind of playing mind games with me. I didn't have to deal with any of this when I had Max because my water just broke. So, apologies to anyone who has had to deal with my impatient attitude in the past few days. We'll keep you updated!


3 comments:
Here's some encouragement for you. All your pre-this is the real thing-contractions are getting you a few less hours of labor!!!
I have never had the early stuff other than the putsy little things throughout pregnancy. No early signs of it's about to be - nope not for me. Everything happens all at once (well, within a relatively short time). But my labors have NEVER been short!!! So, enjoy it, not only will you win the "who delivers first" award, you will probably also win the "who has the shortest labor" award! Congratulations!!!
By the way, I prayed for you every time I had to leave my cosy bed last night, which seems to be more frequent of late!!!
Happy laboring ~ LL :)
Be strong MJ. Elena was 8 days late, and she was worth the wait!!!
Love ya!!!
if you're still waiting, treasure these last few days with Max, his world is about to be turned upside down - having to share mommy and daddy :) waiting can be so hard but each moment you are closer even if it doesn't feel like it :) love you and praying for you!
Nichole
Post a Comment