Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Photo shoots and Labor Day

Well, we've been pretty busy in the past week or so. Max and Nora have been pretty good, except for the occasional temper tantrum (Max) or the 'I'll only sleep when I'm being held' attitude (Nora), neither of which I can really blame them for. It's just life with an (almost) 3 week old and a 16 month old! I do have to brag a little bit...last night, Nora only woke up once and then BOTH kids slept in until 8:20! Ahhhh....sleep is so sweet! Anyway, here are our pictures from the last week:


Nora in her cute little summer outfit (the onesie is from Aunt Sheila!) - 2.5 weeks old


"Max, is Nora sleeping? You lay down next to her..."


:)


It's definitely still summer...Max is getting a bath about every other day...


Nora ready to go to church on Sunday morning


And in her pretty white church dress from Grandma Rassi

Greg was doing a little 'photo shoot' with Nora after church. She was tolerating it pretty good for being hungry, but eventually it got to be too much...

"Dad! Enough! I need food!"

Daddy didn't pay attention, though...Nora's just too cute to stop taking pictures of her...even when she's crying. :)

(Don't worry, shortly after this picture was taken, we rescued Nora, put her in more comfortable clothes, and I fed her.) :)

On Saturday morning, I took Nora with me to the funeral for my great-uncle Eli Rassi. It's so bittersweet; he had cancer and was in the hospital quite a bit the past year or so, and it's wonderful that he doesn't hurt anymore and is in heaven now. On the other hand, he was the third-youngest (I think) of my Grandpa Rassi's 17 siblings. Now, out of the 18, only four are still living. I always thought of Uncle Eli as one of the 'young ones' in the family. It's just sad to lose that generation, I think.

On a happier note, Sunday after church we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Gramm's house for supper and they were able to meet Nora for the first time. :) Grandma was quite taken with her, I think:



We were able to take a four-generation picture:

Mom, Grandma, Nora, and me!

Uncle Donn and Aunt Karen were at Grandpa and Grandma's, too, so A. Karen was able to take pictures for us. After we did the 4 generation picture, Grandma asked me to 'just get a picture of those two' (meaning A. Karen and Mom). Little did she know what she would start!

Between this picture... (I love these ladies!)

...and this one...


I think I took about 20 others, mostly of them laughing, one of them making some goofy face, or them messing with each other's faces. I didn't ask them if I could put some of those on the blog, so I'll refrain. :) Whenever you've got the twins together, though, expect lots of laughter!


Nora with her Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma Gramm


I love my grandparents!

And a video from the evening:

At Grandpa and Grandma's, the stairs (on the right of the video) to the second floor lead up to a bedroom that has an opening out to the living room. Caleb was darting from that room to the landing and making Lincoln giggle. I love that sound! :)

Yesterday we went to a cookout with the Beutels at the cabin, and even though I had my camera there, I didn't take any pictures. Instead, I'll leave you with a video of Nora.

Enjoy your four-day week!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

these pictures make me cry! i miss my family so much! glad to have the pictures to look at, at least :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute pics and the video is great. Love, Grandma B.

Plattner Ranch said...

Great pictures Mary and Greg! I can't wait to meet Nora, hopefully on Sunday!