Saturday, August 14, 2010

Action!

First off, if anyone hasn't been following Nic and Amanda's blog (Learning As We Go), please read it and be prayerful for them. It's been a really rough week.

Our house has been busy as usual, hence the title of this post. It also refers to the action shots we've been trying to capture with our camera. First was the swings at the park:


I wish this one wasn't blurry...if it wasn't, I'd put it in a frame somewhere or something.

Just look at her hair flyin' in the breeze!

Nora was hilarious that night; she giggled and giggled.

After trying to get shots of the kids (none of Max's were good), I took some of Katy jumping off the swings (they were funny, but very blurry) and she took some of Greg jumping off of the swings.

Whoo hoo!

I was glad to have the excuse of wearing a knee-length skirt to not have to jump off the swings for a picture. Yes, I am a wimp.
A few Saturdays ago, Greg took Max to the Thresherman's Day. Not tons of pictures, but they had a good time despite the drizzly morning.

Max riding the 'train'...he really did like it, Greg said, and didn't want to get off.

Max's grandma Rassi was there, too, and helped him milk a cow.

Grandma Rassi also supplied a ladybug umbrella, which Max was quite proud of!

A few weeks ago, we went to our out-of-town-potluck at our friends Wes and Erinn's house. That was the first night Nora was sick, so she stayed behind at G'pa and G'ma Beutel's, but we took Max along. Wes and Erinn's son, Lucas, is about 6 mos. older than Max.

This picture doesn't necessarily show action, but there was plenty of it that night! Lucas and Max got along great and ran around yelling all night.

Back to the 'real' action pictures again! One night we went swimming at Dad and Mom Rassi's pool. Greg was throwing Max up in the air and I was trying to get a good shot. I'm sure Greg could have taken the pictures better, but I wouldn't have been able to throw Max up quite that high! :)


Max's legs went into the funniest positions sometimes.

I love the water splashing on this one.

Yippee!

Last set of pictures here...we babysat Jacob, Grace, Elisabeth, Silas, and Hannah the other week. By the end of the night, Max and Hannah were just being hilarious! Greg got out the camera, and I'm glad he did! There are even more pictures like these; I just picked the best ones.

Hannah's big cheesy grin just makes me smile.

Of course they wouldn't look at the same time...they're both 2!

Here's where the action part comes in...running/jumping across the couch!

I've got a couple of videos, too. Thursday night Greg and I went to an Arts in the Park event. It was the Central IL Banjo club playing, which sounded fun. It turns out, because of the heat, they had it in an old church (now used for education/administration offices). We sat down and looked around and started laughing. We definitely brought the average age down by about 25 years! :) We had a lot of fun, though, as we saw Great-U. Sol and A. Sharilyn there, so we moved to sit by them. It was fun to talk to them and also to see Arlen and Teresa. Two of the highlights are these videos. There was a couple out in the foyer, dancing to every single song. Another couple joined them, but we didn't get a good video of them. I told Greg I want to do that when we are their age. :) It looked like so much fun! Sharilyn told us that that couple is there almost every time, dancing in the back.



Greg's highlight: These ladies swaying back and forth to "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"...the one on the farthest left isn't always quite on the right direction. :)



Final video of the day: Max can sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star! All by himself!


Alrighty. That's all I have for now, so here's cowboy Max telling everyone,

"See ya next time, pardner!"

3 comments:

Plattner Ranch said...

What a HOOT! The swaying ladies just cracked us up! :) Thanks for the smile!

Anonymous said...

You took some great videos. Dancing couple, swaying ladies and Max to finish it up with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Keep them coming! Love, Mom B.

Anonymous said...

Oh Max..haha that video of him singing is just hilarious!!! :)

Love, Katy