Friday, August 06, 2010

My Grandma's China

Last Friday we hosted potluck at our house. It was a very fun night, but it was fun to set up for, too! A couple years ago for my birthday, my Grandma Rassi gave me her china that she and Grandpa got when they got married (60-some years ago). I don't know how often she used it, but it is in perfect condition. Of the pieces I used Friday night, there isn't a nick, crack, or chip to be found! We used a plain black tablecloth and Greg took some zinnias from our back patio. I think the end result was very classy. :) I called Greg that morning and said, "I'm setting the table and I feel like I'm a little girl having a tea party!" I'm so glad we used them; it was pretty neat.

The table


A place setting
Oh, and I'm happy to say that there are STILL no nicks, cracks, or chips! :)
(In Nora news, she finally slept all night again (she hasn't done that yet this week) and even woke up HAPPY! As in, not crying!!!)

No comments: