On the day after Nora's birthday, we got the kids up bright and early to go to the DVI Hike for Hunger with Camille.

Max and Nora eating their peaches to get ready for the big hike!
We let Max and Nora play on the big jumpy things for a while and then decided if we were going to hike, we'd better get going...we wanted to be back in time for the drawings in case we won the iPad or Disney vacation! (In case you're wondering, we didn't.)
Max and Nora eating their peaches to get ready for the big hike!
We let Max and Nora play on the big jumpy things for a while and then decided if we were going to hike, we'd better get going...we wanted to be back in time for the drawings in case we won the iPad or Disney vacation! (In case you're wondering, we didn't.)
Max did okay at the beginning of the hike, but the heat and getting woken up early just did him in. I apologized to Camille a couple times for having to listen to the tantruming Max.
Greg said we were supposed to act like we were looking at the map...it's very hard not to smile in a staged pic like that. All in all, even though the kids weren't the best, we had a good morning and are planning on going next year! Thanks for the invite, Camille!
Then, Monday night last week, Greg wanted to catch some fish to eat for supper. I loaded up the stuff and kids and met him in town right at 5:00 and we headed to the lake.

....and these four! I had some pretty serious nibbles, but I don't know how to fish, as the stinker just kept stealing my worm. Oh, and I just want to say that I baited my own hook for the first time ever...mostly because my hubby wouldn't do it for me. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment