Monday, August 29, 2011

More of August

The day after the Beutel family party we had supper in Gridley for my Grandma Gramm's birthday celebration.  Again, not too many pictures, but we had a good time with family.  We took our ice cream maker KitchenAid attachment and attempted homemade ice cream for the second time ever.  It was so liquid that most people just drank it out of a cup!  I'm thinking next time I'm going to just go for a raw egg base instead of trying to cook it and see if it makes a difference.

My beautiful Grandma...she had quite a time getting the candles out! :)  They were stubborn!

A day or two later, I had to document Max and Nora being such super kids...just quietly coloring at the kitchen table.


Greg snapped this one of Max...sitting on the toilet and reading a magazine...wonder where he got that?!?!? :)


That same week, my sister-in-law's grandma passed away.  My parents offered to let the children and their cousins come spend the evening at their house instead of staying at the visitation for hours on end.  We went over to help out (including our kids, there were 13 in all!).

The zipline was the favorite of the night.  I tried to get pictures, but between the motion and it being dusk, I didn't get any decent ones.  This of Nora is about the best!  Max and Nora loved it!

I have several pictures of the kids playing, etc., but none are super except for this one of my cutie patootie nephew.  Makes me grin every time!

No comments: