Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday

"Upon the cross, He took my place...to give me love, hope, joy, and grace."

A very simply sentence to memorize (we have it on a magnet on our fridge), but oh, so much to think about.  I know I'm behind in blogging, but just wanted to post something before Easter.  It's hard to imagine the events of so many years ago...especially when the sun is shining and the sky is such a beautiful cloudless blue.  It makes me wonder...did the sun shine at all that day?  Even before the awful complete darkness after Jesus died?  The only reason I can even enjoy the brightness of today is the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross, giving Himself to die in my place.  It's still so hard to wrap my mind around sometimes, even though it's been 12 years since I repented for my sins and claimed Jesus as my Savior.  I still need Him every single moment of every single day, and my need has become even more apparent as I have become a mommy.  I'm just so thankful that God loves me enough not to give up on me and that Jesus' blood shed on the cross covers my sins.  Looking forward to church tonight to think more about this day and looking forward to this weekend to celebrate the day that gives us hope...Easter!!!



Just so this rambling post isn't pictureless, here are our three little cuties...we have a book called, "What is Easter" that explains through cute rhyming text how Easter is not about the baby chicks, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and new Sunday clothes, but about Jesus, his sacrifice, and the empty tomb.  We have read it several times, and a couple of times I have heard Max and Nora 'reading' it to each other.  Something like this:  "What is Easter? Is it the bunnies?.....No.....is it the chocolate?....no......is it my new dress and shoes?....no.......It's....Jesus!!!"  It warms my heart to hear it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet, I will have to have them read it to me! Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

I don't comment often - but this is important - MOST important - thanks for being a good mommy!! Love GPa